Remodeling a small kitchen is no need increasing the actual floor space. To make a small kitchen feels more spacious can be done by paying full attention to important elements and aspects start from layout, furnishings, lighting to colors. Do you want to make small kitchen appears bigger? Follow all tips below!
1. Remove clutter from the countertops and floors is the easiest way to make small kitchen appears bigger. Throw away unused items and store everything in the storage. Make the space look minimalist gives a huge impact.
2. Take a time to clean up the floors, countertops, appliances and cabinets. This is the easiest small kitchen remodel and bring new atmosphere. Removing grease, grime and dirt out of kitchen elements will help remove bacteria and disease. Clean them all with cleaner solution.
3. Another way to update small kitchen is giving a fresh coat of paint to the cabinets and walls. Be careful when choosing a color, small space is more recommended picking light and neutral-colored paint. Choose the same shade for the walls and cabinets to create a seamless look.
4. Using heavy curtains and drapes is not a good choice for the windows. Take them down and consider wooden window blinds. It is a nice choice to let the sunlight brighten up the kitchen during the day and works well to bring privacy.
5. Do something to the cabinets, please take off a few of cabinet doors and replace them with glass cabinet doors. This trick works to make the room appears bigger. As an alternative, no need to install glass cabinet doors, so the cabinet will appear as an open-shelf.
6. Please consider lighting feature. To brighten up the small kitchen at night, consider recessed lighting because this option doesn’t take up any valuable space.
7. The best way to create a spacious look for small kitchen is rearranging the kitchen furniture. Create a functional layout and remove items that take up valuable floor space. There are a lot of things you can do, be creative!