People who love to cook must prepare everything and one of them is a good set of kitchen knives. If you want remodel the kitchen decor, replace old kitchen accessories such as knives with the new one. Using the best knives will make everything go easier, especially when preparing meals.
Kitchen knives are available in different models and if you want something for a long-term investment, buy more expensive ones. Before you spend money for a set of knives, there are many things you must know!
1. Since knives are available in a lot of models and designs, learn your basic need and how you are going to use them. Some homeowners love to buy a set of knives because more affordable and get more than one product. If you just need a knife for certain purpose, just buy one. Whether you love to cook or not, a kitchen should have three standard knives such as slicer, Chef’s knife and a paring knife. Each of them has different purpose!
2. Most kitchen knives are made from stainless steel. Buy a set of knives that are made from high quality material and offer a rust resistant feature. A recommended knife must have a full tang. What is a tang? It’s the piece of material (stainless steel) that the handle attaches.
3. The handle factor also play important role. You must select a knife with the best grip and fits well in your hand, so you will be easier to use it. Choose a size of knife based on your hand’s size. Petite hands more fit with a 6″ chef’s knife rather than 8″. For big hands, choose a 10″ knife. Before you buy a knife, try to hold it with your hand.
4. Kitchen knives are available in two types; stamped and forged. Both has advantages and disadvantages. Stamped knives are lighter than forged knives. The funny thing, more people prefer a forged knife that the quality is without any questions at all.
5. Most important before you buy kitchen knives is to ask about sharpening. Some knives are blunt, not too sharp and need to be sharpened. The best knives that easier to sharpen are the ones built with tapered edges.