Every homeowner wants to have kitchen cabinets. They are important furniture in any kitchen design. However, several homeowners don’t have any information to maintain their cabinets. Here are several kitchen cabinets tips you can try at home.
Applying a new coat of paint is one of kitchen cabinets tips. This is an affordable way to gain a new look, no need to cover entire cabinet surfaces, only the doors. Painting kitchen cabinets can be taken as a DIY project, in this case, no need to hire a professional painter. How to paint the cabinet doors?
1. Remove the doors from cabinet units.
2. Prepare a paint remover and a soft paintbrush to remove the existing paint.
3. Use a scouring pad or fine-grade sandpaper to scrape off paint remnants. Do it slowly and avoid rub too harshly.
4. After the doors are clean enough, give a fresh coat of paint on the surfaces.
Decorating with accessories is one of kitchen cabinets tips. There are many things can be done to increase the look of cabinet such as placing baskets filled with silk flowers on top of cabinets. As an alternative, consider displaying pottery that coordinates with color scheme.
Another decorating idea is adorning cabinet doors with peel-and-stick wall decals. You can find them in various designs and colors. These decals are safe to most metal and wood surfaces. The most important, the prices are affordable.
Unexpected accidents can leave permanent scratches on the cabinet surface. Thankfully, this problem can be solved out with shoe polish. However, choose a shoe polish based on the color of cabinets. How to remove scratches on the cabinet surfaces with shoe polish?
1. Use a soft cloth to dispense a small amount of shoe polish.
2. Rub onto the scratches. Do it gently in a circular motion.
3. Prepare extra soft cloth to remove the excess shoe polish on the scratches and wait until dry.
Removing scratches with shoe polish is one of kitchen cabinets tips, but use white paint if you have white cabinets.