Do you want to build a dream kitchen? There are many things you can do in this case and if you are a beginner with construction matters, it is better to contact a kitchen designer to get the best design you can apply. However, there are so many people work as kitchen designers, but which one is the best? Not easy to find a good kitchen designer. If you don’t to waste money and pick the wrong guy, here are some steps you can do!
1. Find a designer with online search, visit NKBA website at nkba.org. The site help you find the best kitchen designers around your area and you will be easier to make a contact. Besides online search, ask a recommendation from neighbors and friends who already renovated their kitchens. You can also check at real estate agents, home centers and phone book. However, the most effective is visiting kitchen showrooms around your area.
2. There are so many kitchen designers, choose the one not only based on education, work and client references, you have to consider based on experience too.
3. Before the initial meeting with kitchen designers, make your own floor plan first. If you are going to meet a designer in a studio, do not forget to bring your floor plan. Complete your plan by reading magazine or browse on the internet and visit a showroom to find your wish-list ideas for flooring options, finishes, cabinet styles and appliances.
4. Go to your first meeting with a designer, show off your floor plan and explain your ideas. Let the designer sees it directly and hear your explanation, let him assess. In the first meeting, he hasn’t been able to consider quickly. Invite him to come to your home and check over your kitchen condition to make adjustments based on your plan. In this case, he will know what to do with your ideas.
5. Most kitchen designers can start work after you set the terms, such as budget and deadline. Arrange everything perfectly, so your project can be done without a problem.