Before starting kitchen renovation, homeowners will seek something that won’t deplete their savings. This article has several kitchen renovation tips on a budget that you can try at home! What are they?
There are several things you have to consider.
a. The location of kitchen. Is it facing north, south, east or west?
b. The size and function of kitchen.
c. DIY or hire a professional.
Change the location of kitchen will make the renovation budget increase higher. Stay on the existing location is the best way to save more money. After that, consider the size and function of kitchen.
There are several things can be done for small or large kitchen, so does with the function. Remember, not all task can be taken as a DIY project, consider hire a professional if it is necessary. Making a plan is the most important of kitchen renovation tips on a budget.
1. Estimate the budget you need, take a little survey.
2. Consider not to move the sink or stove to a different spot. This will increase the budget.
3. When updating the electrical problem, use this moment to update the lighting system. So, you will save the electrician cost. However, this is only an option. Update the lighting system also can be taken as a DIY project.
4. Check over the existing cabinet. If the condition was vastly unqualified, do a little update! Change the paint, doors or hardware. Take this job as a DIY to save more money.
5. Pay attention to countertops and appliances. Sealing the countertops is better if your budget is limited. Throw away useless and broken appliances, buy something based on necessity.
6. Remove the old window treatments and buy a new one in a different pattern or color.
7. Applying a new paint color on the wall is one of kitchen renovation tips you can do by your own hands.
When talking kitchen renovation tips on a budget, there are hundred ways you can take! Write all plan on a piece of paper, prioritize the most important first!