Kitchen countertops available in a variety of options and determine a choice is a thrilling case. Homeowners often face this problem when updating the kitchen decor, especially choosing for the best style.
In the market, countertops are available in a variety of styles, shapes and materials. Indeed, we have a lot of choice, but better to learn everything, especially relating to the pros and cons of each option.
In this article, you will get more complete information about kitchen countertops.
A countertop is a constant feature that must ready to hold all needs. Therefore, this feature must have a high durability without eliminate its beautiful design and maintenance.
1. A very popular choice among homeowners is laminate countertops because offering advantages such as cost effective, durable and solid. Laminate is made of chipboard, fiberboard or plywood and covered by a plastic laminate sheath. This countertop is dominated by a manmade material.
Laminate available in a variety of textures, patterns and colors, but prone to scratch and weak against heat.
2. Countertops made ??from natural materials become a perfect choice, you may choose butcher block countertops made of maple, teak and beech. This wood countertop is easy to clean, durable and built-in with heat resistant feature. You can also use it as a chopping surface.
If this countertop is repeatedly exposed to water, then has a tendency to blacken, easy to scorch and scratch.
3. Countertops made ??from stainless steel are available in various finishes such as matte or polished. This material is resistant to both heat and water, an ideal choice for a kitchen although the price is expensive.
Maintain the shine and luster of stainless steel is a difficult task, it is one of the drawbacks.
4. Granite countertops are a popular choice for an elegant kitchen. You will find it in a variety of designs and colors. This material resists water, stains and heat. They are more expensive and need annual maintenance to retain its luster and beauty.
5. Marble is classified as a natural stone and one of the best materials to make kitchen countertops. Marble has high durability, available in a variety of patterns and colors. The drawback is not much different as granite.