Several homeowners are craving for a sleek and modern kitchen. There are many ways to build it. How to get a sleek kitchen?
1. If you feel bored with the style of your current kitchen and go for a modern look, take a look around to the entire kitchen. If flooring, cabinets, countertops and appliances may fit with modern concept, keep them up and throw away anything that look contrast or far away from a modern look.
2. A sleek kitchen always has a nice and clean appearance. To make this impression isn’t hard at all, the first thing is cleaning up the countertop and make sure there is no a mess appearance and useless items on it. Store all items in cabinets!
3. A color can evoke a modern style then try painting the walls in a neutral color. If you don’t know the best color, go for white. This helps create a clean look, but still adjustable and you can add a new color to create a new focal point.
4. Your sleek kitchen will look outstanding if you consider to install a backsplash of glass or slate tiles, both material can strengthen the modern style as well it can serve as visual interest.
5. Even though old cabinet still fit well to modern decor, please give a little update. No need to buy new modern cabinets, just replace the old cabinet doors. Pick cabinet doors with a glass panel and inside the cabinets you can add accent lighting.
6. Do not give too much detail or ornate to the finishes, start from the wall decor to the cabinetry. A modern and sleek kitchen has little detail and less ornate. A minimalist look can increase the decor value.
7. No need to decorate the wall with too many decorations. A few wall decorations can give an added value if you clever to choose the best.
8. Fill up your sleek kitchen with new small appliances such as coffeemaker. However, choose the one appears in a modern style.