There is a reason why you should consider a traditional kitchen style. It’s the best option if you want to transform the kitchen space as a place to cook, eat, relax and chitchat. Most traditional kitchen decorating ideas and photos are the combination between 18th- and 19th-century American and English designs. On the last article, we already revealed 5 ideas of traditional kitchen decorating. Now, this article will give you some extras and photos as references.
1. The best colors for traditional kitchen are soft and muted colors such as greens, taupes, whites, creams or light grays. Sometimes this style will look great if combined woodsy and natural hues, but that is another option. Bring a cozy feeling into the kitchen is not too difficult, use a rich-patterned wallpaper to cover the wall.
2. Modern or contemporary cabinets will look awkward to traditional kitchen. Find ornate cabinetry stained mahogany, cherry or painted white.
3. A butcher block countertop is one of traditional kitchen decorating ideas. Many photos of butcher block work surface work well and add beauty to the design.
4. Vintage backsplash such as beaded board, tin and tile will fit well. However, consider alternative materials that are more natural such as wood, stone, brick and marble. Include hand-painted tiles will add extra value to backsplash. The stovetop area often act as a focal point in traditional english kitchens. It’s often highlighted with stone, mantel of brick or decorative wood.
5. Beautify kitchen windows with rich fabrics, choose between tapestries, floral patterns and formal stripes. Never use fabric in geometric shapes, it will ruin the design.
6. Pendant lights with crystals will complete the traditional look or consider chandeliers with ornate shades. Install recessed lights above work areas and under the cabinets, consider tube lighting as the alternative. Traditional kitchen is famous for exposed wood beams on the ceilings and will look perfect if you hang a decorative chandelier over an island. Provide extra windows to bring more natural lighting.
Check over the photos for more traditional kitchen decorating ideas!