There are many ways to change cabinet like new, instead of replacing doors and hardware but bring striking changes using new refinishing! It can give new sight and people will think you bought a new cabinet to enhance your kitchen. High gloss gives distinct impression and able to change cabinet with amazing visual appearance.
Kitchen cabinet doors using high gloss as final touch and find high gloss kitchen doors is easy because some manufacturers deliberately cover it to draw attention. It would better if you buy cabinet doors coated with high gloss so the next step is change the old door and replace the color to adorn cabinet!
Hire a professional is a perfect answer for those who don’t have the time to do it by themselves and have unlimited funds. If you want to save money, doing it yourself isn’t hard!
1. Remove old doors from cabinet. Take a screwdriver, remove all handles and hinges. Store them in a container.
2. Wear rubber gloves to protect hands from dirt and dust because we will clean up cabinet, either outside or inside by using deglosser and nylon scourer. After finished cleaning, rinse with water, scrub using a soft cloth till dry.
3. If you find a scratch or dent, use wood putty to cover it then leave it to dry.
4. Now it’s time to sand, prepare a dusk mask before start it. Use 150-grit sandpaper to scrub cabinet surface, prepare a soft cloth to clean it.
5. Use dust sheets to cover everything around the kitchen, from walls to sink.
6. Cover cabinet using paint base layer. Give paint to cabinet evenly and allow it to dry. Once this process finished, use 220-grit sandpaper to sand paint base layer, wipe using a soft cloth and give another paint base layer. Let it dry!
7. Clean cabinet surface using 220-grit sandpaper. The sanding process is long enough but after completing it, we could use a high gloss to cover cabinet compatible with new cabinet doors color. Allow to dry for 1-2 days, after that you can install high gloss kitchen doors.how do I cover my kitchen door wide open to the world.