Backsplash is an additional feature with aesthetically pleasing, so kitchen decoration becomes more attractive and beautiful. Its main function is to protect the wall from destructive things like water and food splashes. This feature brings together other elements such as flooring, countertops and cabinets.
Backsplash include as a minor upgrade, bring a striking change with affordable price. Honestly, creating a kitchen backsplash isn’t difficult because many materials available, even affordable and easy maintenance.
Tile is one of kitchen backsplash ideas, available in various types such as ceramic, glass, metal, stainless steel and many more. Let us cover this in more detail about kitchen backsplash tiles!
1. Glass tile has a reflective surface creates a spacious illusion, a perfect choice for a small kitchen. The tile is available in a variety of versatile colors, start from jewel tones to earth tones.
If you have a modern kitchen, glass tile is a great choice bring a contemporary impression. If you want an environmental friendly kitchen, recycled glass tile become a good alternative option.
2. Ceramic tile is a favorite material for making backsplash, available in a variety of patterns, colors and sizes that are perfectly integrated with the design scheme that you want to build.
Its main advantage is easy to maintain and affordable price. Create a focal point by using ceramic tile if you want to make the space appears wider, install tiles diagonally. No wonder ceramic consider as one of the most popular kitchen backsplash tiles.
3. Some people crave a chef’s kitchen and create backsplash made of stainless steel tiles. Complete the kitchen design with stainless-steel appliances for outstanding look. The main advantage of stainless steel backsplash is a high-endurance, a suitable one for long-term investment.
4. Backsplash tiles made out of metal become a perfect choice as easy to maintain and clean. No need for annual resealing, simply wipe off the surface with hot water and soap. Its main advantage is heat resistant and not prone to damage.
5. If you aren’t unable to buy metal tiles, consider Thermoplastic panels as one of kitchen backsplash tiles. More affordable price and quick installation, Thermoplastic panel has appearance like stainless steel, tin or copper.