There are many ways that homeowners do to get ideas before remodeling their kitchens and one of them is finding references. Thanks to internet, searching references become easier and faster. If you want to get inspiration, take a look to the photos of completed kitchens, especially a certain style you want to build. Designing a dream kitchen is not hard at all. Here are four aspects you need to focus with.
1. Create a nice color scheme by using colors that complement each other. Avoid dark or saturated colors, better using pastels as they can evoke a cleanliness appearance.
2. Decide your theme! There are many themes ready to apply, such as country, Tuscan, modern, etc. Choose a theme that attracts your attention.
3. There are several elements can form the kitchen space such as appliances, doorways, windows, walls, cabinets, chairs and table. They play a huge role, before spending more time and money, make small changes to these elements.
4. Kitchen needs proper lighting, either during the day or night. Bring more natural light during the day by removing the drapes from the windows or making an extra window.
Learning all aspects above will make you easier to get initial ideas. Stimulate more ideas come to your head by taking a time to look more photos of completed kitchens. Here are several ideas to build certain themes!
1. Tuscan is an Italian kitchen theme and famous for textured walls that mimic the look of stucco. To create this effect, try a faux painting technique and use warm earth tones such as sage green, terra cotta, and beige.
2. Country style has uniqueness and not difficult to build it. Use vintage tablecloths to line the dining table or add plenty of decorative country items.
3. Building a kitchen with a retro feel is easy and you can start by filling the room with authentic vintage appliances and add a few decorative vintage accessories.
4. Modern kitchen is famous for uncluttered and clean lines concept. You can start by purchasing sleek stainless steel appliances and granite or marble countertops.
There are so many ideas and themes you can apply, get more references by looking at the photos of completed kitchens.