There are several reasons why homeowners choose granite tiles. They are the best choice to create an elegant look, but sometimes homeowners don’t know how to maintain them well. These tiles often used as flooring, countertops and backsplashes. Here are granite tile tips to maintain the look for a longer investment.
1. Clean up the surface with a clean soft cloth and warm water. Dry the surface with a clean, dry soft cloth to drive away unsightly water spots. Avoid a pile of chlorine or mineral by using distilled water and in this case please never use tap water.
2. If you have a countertop made of granite tiles, please do a daily cleaning. This is one of granite countertops tips to maintain the look.
3. Clean the tiles as soon as possible if drink or food is spilled. Prepare paper towel or a damp cloth to clean the affected area. Don’t let spills of soda, grease, coffee or red wine stay longer on the tile’s surface. They are able to reduce the beauty of granite. As one of granite tile tips, please avoid using abrasive scrubbers or sponges.
4. If spills can’t be easily removed using water, make a solution of water and soap.
5. Create a paste of water and baking soda to remove stubborn stains on granite tiles. Cover a light stain with paste for one night only and then remove it. Meanwhile tougher stains must be covered for several days.
6. Stains made by oil can be removed with alcohol or water. Meanwhile stains made by water can be removed with hydrogen peroxide or acetone.
7. Pay attention before using acetone or hydrogen peroxide. For lightly colored granite, you can use hydrogen peroxide. Meanwhile for darker colored granite, use acetone for a deeper clean. This is one of granite tile tips you must know!
As one of granite tile tips, don’t forget to apply a sealer as an extra layer of protection. So the tile surface won’t be easily affected to stains. So does to polish granite to achieve or maintain the greatest shine.