Are you looking for kitchen decorating tips? You come to the right place because this article will give a lot of tips to revamp your lovely kitchen. Nowadays, kitchen is a sacred place, offers various functions and not only as ordinary cooking area. Many homeowners turn their kitchen as a focal point, a place to enjoy fine cuisine and a cozy hangout area. What can you do?
1. Painting the kitchen is the simplest thing homeowners can do. This is a cheap effort and the fast way for a fresh new look. There are several painting techniques can make the walls looked different. Painting isn’t only focused to the walls because you can do the same thing to the old cabinets to get a new look too.
2. If painting the kitchen is not enough, install a wallpaper border at the top of the walls or at about chair rail height. You can install on several locations such as above the kitchen countertops and the wallpaper border will work as a backsplash.
3. Replace old cabinet hardware with something new is a part of kitchen decorating tips. Choose new hardware in a color that matches the walls or wallpaper border. If you are going to change the handles and knobs, please do the same thing to the old cabinet hinges.
4. Replacing the floor is a massive overhaul that can give a new look. In this case, you have to prepare big budget and there are a lot of options ready to pick such as slate or marble tiles, wood flooring, etc. Have a problem with budget? Consider laminate and vinyl floors, but if you are can’t afford to replace the floor, overcome this matter by laying down throw rugs that match the kitchen colors.
5. Paying attention to window treatments is the last thing of kitchen decorating tips. Consider wood mini blinds or pleated fabric roll shades to replace curtains. If you want to use curtains, choose the ones that match the kitchen color scheme and decor.
Of course, there are so many kitchen decorating tips available out there and don’t hesitate using your creativity.